Specialized: Information and Knowledge Management
SEMP Information Management
New ways of using information and Internet-based and emerging technologies are revolutionizing the structure and operation of organizations. Today, information management enables integrated business processes that extend the entire information supply chain from consumer to provider to government to user. Corporate profitability and non-profits alike are transformed in ways we never imagined, and as a result enhance the effective delivery of public services.
Staying competitive and productive in commercial business, non-profit and government demands a strategic response to the changes and innovations evolving from the collection of massive data repositories, rapidly emerging technologies, increased computing performance, increased communication capabilities and improved information dissemination and visualization.
Is the SEMP Information Management the right programme for me?
Our supported distance learning mode of delivery allows you to study online from any location and is designed to fit in around your work commitments. You will be taught and supported by experienced industry professionals who will recreate the same challenging interactive format of the on-campus courses for those studying at a distance.
Our virtual learning environment, offers students flexibility of where and when they can study, offering full and open access to tutors and other class members. Students have the benefit of being part of a group of learners with the invaluable opportunity to participate in active, group-related learning within a supportive online community setting. The online campus provides students with lectures and course materials and it also includes: Virtual tutorials, Live chat, Discussion forums – student and tutor led, Up-to-date web technology for delivery methods, User friendly material, Access to our online library.
As online learners, students are part of a ‘virtual cohort’ and the communication and interaction amongst members of the cohort is a significant aspect of the learning process.
Why SEMP Information Management?
• This program provides the practical skills and strategic mindset needed to become a successful reputation management professional
• Enhance your abilities to work more effectively with those who manage the reputation and brand
• World-class faculty bring an unparalleled depth of knowledge and real-world experience, which participants can draw upon in live Q&A
• It is a virtual learning experience, so it won’t disrupt your normal work flow and there are no travel expenses
• Develop your network to help you address your own challenges and engage with peers throughout and after the program
Who should enroll in this online Certificate Program?
This online certificate program in Information Management, benefits professionals at all levels who want to contribute to their organization’s performance.
Here are some of the people who will benefit from the online programme:
• Executives with responsibility for, corporate communications, and/or investor relations.
• Functional leaders who are involved with defining or executing brand and reputation strategies, such as leaders from human resources, public affairs, environmental relations, and legal
• Managers seeking to move into leadership positions in their organization
• Individuals seeking knowledge for career advancement in the field of Information management
• Cross-functional teams from within an organization can take the program, as that accelerates the impact and engenders a common language and understanding in the organization
Students who successfully complete the SEMP online programme will receive a Certificate SEMP in Information Management from the Metropolitan School of Business and Management UK.
• Introduction to Systems and Information
• Information Systems Strategy
• Information Systems Strategy Planning
• Strategic Information Tools and Strategic Advantage
• Organisational Knowledge
• Nomenclature of Contemporary ICT
• eCommerce and eBusiness
• Planning and Implementing eStrategy
• Leveraging Knowledge Strategy
• Teleworking and Virtual Organisations
• Global Communities … K-Organisations
• Central lecture from MSBM UK
• Live Webinars
• Study Materials
• Practical Business Case-studies
• MSBM Reference
• Course Transcript
• SEMP Certificate from MSBM UK
• Network with other professionals
The Special Executive Masters Programme (SEMP) is an Executive Education Programme.It is “NON CREDIT BEARING and NON DEGREE HOLDING”. The SEMP is NOT an actual Masters Programme but a trade mark of the Metropolitan School of Business and Management. The SEMP is very similar to the “MINI MBA” offered by Universities all around the world. However the modules of the SEMP programme was modelled after the regular masters programmes which allows delegates to gain a thorough knowledge of the subject. This programme cannot be use as a Masters Certificate or disguised as such as it carries no credit and cannot be used to pursue an academic PHD. However the relevancy of the certificate lies in the knowledge of the bearer to demonstrate ground knowledge of the subject the certificate was issued in, and this certificate counts towards the appropriate Continuous Professional Development (CPD).